“Is your house on fire, Clark? No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.” Everybody knows well the Griswold’s Christmas, but not everybody knows where to find it in Charlotte. Here are just a few of our favorites:
- The globes on Hillside in Myers Park (between Selwyn and Westfield). This street got together and made homemade chicken wire balls and hung them high from the trees. They have a drop off for canned goods for Loaves & Fishes.
- The South Charlotte Santa on Sherwood Forest Drive off Colony Road. Santa is there on the weekends handing out candy canes (can you say, Drive-by Santa?).
- Brandenburg Court in Belingrath neighborhood in SouthPark. Said to be the best Clark Griswold display in the city!
- Bellechasse in Beverly Woods East in SouthPark – Tons of inflatables.
- North Charlotte – Washam Potts Road in Cornelius
- North Charlotte in Huntersville – Hillcrest Drive has a house that has lights everywhere!
- 15419 and 15038 Hugh McAuley Drive in the MacAulay neighborhoods in Huntersville! Last year they had music!
(Our thanks to the girls at Charlotte Smarty Pants for a few of these suggestions!)