“Trick or treat!” That’s the phrase shouted with glee by many a youngster across the country every Halloween night. But before your ghosts and goblins trick or treat this year, parents should keep in mind these trick or treating safety tips to make sure the only howls are those of fun.
- Have each child carry or wear a light
- Require good fitting shoes
- Avoid costumes that drag on the ground
- Make sure a child’s mask allows full visibility and breathing
- Only trick or treat at houses that are lit
- Think “practical” over “cute” when picking a trick or treat goody bag or container.
- Keep track of time and don’t trick or treat after 9 p.m.