Brightwalk is located on Statesville Avenue, just one mile from Charlotte’s Center City. It is a setting easily accessible to all parts of Charlotte whatever your mode of transit.
Brightwalk is a vital component in the evolution of Charlotte’s North End. Shopping, the arts, entertainment and recreational amenities are close by and easily accessible as are five major colleges and a multitude of businesses.
Community neighbors and initiatives include:
- North Carolina Music Factory– Charlotte’s home for music & entertainment
- The Charlotte Fire Department Headquarters – under construction on Statesville Ave. (see rendering below)
- Anita Stroud Park – a seven acre park immediately adjacent to Brightwalk
- Double Oaks Pool – an open-air competition pool on the northern portion of the site
- Transformation of Statesville Avenue into a pedestrian-friendly boulevard, work now started and expected to be complete early 2012
- A neighborhood bike loop under development with the Charlotte cycling community, the “non-booty loop”
- Future connections to the Irwin Creek Greenway and Carolina Thread Trail
Click on the interactive map below to discover more about our area amenities